22 Jun 2018
ALFA ROMEO GIULIA WINS PRESTIGIOUS COMPASSO d’ORO ADI DESIGN AWARD
The Alfa Romeo Giulia has added another prestigious award to its ever growing trophy cabinet, the highly sought after Compasso d’Oro ADI accolade.
- Alfa Romeo Giulia is awarded one of the world's most significant design awards, the Compasso d'Oro ADI prize
- The 25th edition of the award was judged by a panel of experts, designers, critics, historians and journalists
- The award-winning sports saloon was acclaimed for its striking Italian style and high-quality finish
- Alfa Romeo is celebrating its 108th birthday this Sunday and will exhibit the trophy at the marque's Museo Storico in Milan
- The Alfa Romeo Giulia is available to order, priced from £29,880 OTR
- For more information and to book a test drive, visit www.alfaromeo.co.uk
The Alfa Romeo Giulia has added another prestigious award to its ever growing trophy cabinet, the highly sought after Compasso d'Oro ADI accolade. One of the world's top design prizes, the Alfa Romeo Giulia was honoured for its quintessential Italian style, impeccable sense of proportions and luxurious high-quality finish.
The new Giulia stands out for its short front overhang, long bonnet and long front wings, retracted passenger compartment and muscular rear wings, which visually mark the point where power is unleashed onto the road. Its elongated tail, typical of rear-wheel drive cars, balances proportions and guarantees usable boot space. This general profile springs from the adoption of a longitudinal front engine and rear-wheel drive layout, while the engine and mechanical components are arranged to ensure the perfect balance of weights. This results in an extremely generous wheelbase packaged in a compact body. In a nod to Alfa Romeo's heritage, the rounded angles and the enveloping pillars convey momentum and create a "drop-shaped" profile which is reminiscent of the Giulietta Sprint, one of the most beautiful cars ever made.
The 25th edition of the 'Compasso d'Oro ADI' prize was decided by a panel of experts, designers, critics, historians and specialist journalists at the Italian Industrial Design Association. The award was presented at the Castello Sforzesco in Milan in front of a range-topping Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio, the marque's most powerful road saloon.
Alfa Romeo is celebrating its 108th birthday this weekend and will display the trophy at the marque's Museo Storico in Milan.
The Alfa Romeo Giulia is on sale now, priced from £29,880 OTR. To find out more about the Alfa Romeo Giulia range, visit www.alfaromeo.co.uk or to locate your nearest Alfa Romeo dealer, visit www.alfaromeo.co.uk/find-a-dealer.
Alfa Romeo Press Office Contacts: