29 ođđj 2015
Announcing the "X Edition" Wrangler, the new one-of-a-kind customised version of the iconic Jeep
• Available in major European countries, the new special limited edition series combines the legendary off-road prowess of the iconic Jeep with distinctive metropolitan looks. • Yet another example of how the concept of customisation is in the Wrangler's DNA. Eight limited edition models have been created over the past four years, all packed with exclusive features and styling, to celebrate an important milestone in Jeep’s history or taking inspiration from an inhospitable environment where the Wrangler model can offer a driving experience without equal.
- Available in major European countries, the new special limited edition series combines the legendary off-road prowess of the iconic Jeep with distinctive metropolitan looks.
- Yet another example of how the concept of customisation is in the Wrangler's DNA. Eight limited edition models have been created over the past four years, all packed with exclusive features and styling, to celebrate an important milestone in Jeep's history or taking inspiration from an inhospitable environment where the Wrangler model can offer a driving experience without equal.
- Available in two- or four-door versions, depending on the market, the "X Edition" Wrangler range is supplied with a choice of two powerplants, both with five-speed automatic transmission: the 2.8 litre 200 hp turbodiesel and the 284 hp Pentastar V6 3.6 litre petrol engine.
- The standard equipment includes the exclusive Freedom Top® body-colour 3-piece hardtop for all the fun of open-air driving in a 4x4 convertible.
Unveiled at the 2014 Paris Motor Show, the special "X Edition" Wrangler series dedicated to those who are always seeking new and exclusive personalised versions of their favourite model is available to order from today.
A time-honoured synonym of off-road motoring, the icon of the Jeep marque has a natural aptitude for customisation as shown by the special versions produced in numbered limited editions over the past four years: "70th Anniversary Edition" (2011), Arctic (2012), Mountain (2012), Black Edition (2012), Moab (2013), "Rubicon 10th Anniversary Edition" (2013), Polar (2014) and Rubicon X (2014). Starting from the name, each version celebrates an important anniversary in the history of Jeep or an inaccessible area of difficult terrain on which the Wrangler model can flaunt its superb credentials, ensuring an unequalled driving experience in even the most challenging conditions.
Now it's the turn of the Jeep "X Edition" Wrangler to take up the baton, confirming the importance of special series versions as an integral part of the iconic off-roader. Their exclusive style features and specific equipment packages serve to "multiply" the model's personality, bringing it into the orbit of new customer target groups. Bold and distinctive interpretations, designed to emphasise the values of adventure, authenticity, freedom and passion that are the long-standing hallmarks of all Jeep vehicles and of the Wrangler in particular.
Based on the Jeep Wrangler Sahara version, the new special "X" series offers unique exterior styling with seven slot body-colour front grille with black high-gloss inserts, power dome hood with dual air vents, 18" Gloss Black wheels and Mopar design black filler door. In addition, the new Jeep "X Edition" Wrangler is available with the exclusive Freedom Top®, the removable body-colour 3-piece hardtop that offers all the fun of open-air driving in a 4x4 convertible.
The exclusive personalisation of the special series is clearly visible also in the interior, with black leather trimmed seats with sports fabric inserts and light slate grey accent stitching, heated front seats, and polished ceramic white inserts on the passenger grab handle and air vent surrounds on the dashboard and console. Comfort for all occupants is ensured by a complete set of standard equipment including automatic climate control, leather-wrapped steering wheel with built-in controls, heated front seats, special Mopar mats and a multimedia entertainment centre and UConnectTM GPS satellite navigation system with 6.5" touchscreen, 40 GB hard disk, USB port, AUX input and DVD player.
The legendary off-road capabilities of the Wrangler range are guaranteed by the part-time two-speed Command-Trac NV241 'shift-on-the fly' four-wheel drive system with 2.72:1 low gear range ratio. All these great features are accompanied by refined styling that brings the car's adventure-loving spirit to an urban setting where its stunning metropolitan credentials are underscored by a choice of four elegant liveries: Bright White, Black, Firecracker Red and Baja Yellow.
Depending on the market, the new special "X Edition" Wrangler series is available with two doors (Wrangler) or four doors (Wrangler Unlimited) and with two engine options, both with 5-speed automatic transmission: 2.8 litre turbodiesel rated at 200 hp with 460 Nm of torque, and the nifty 3.6 litre Pentastar V6 petrol engine rated at 284 hp with 347 Nm of torque.
Turin 29 January 2015