18 Nov 2019
PEUGEOT SPORT REVEALS NEW 208 RALLY 4
BREAKING NEWS | PEUGEOT REVEALS 208 RALLY 4 The PEUGEOT SPORT range gets stronger in 2020 with the arrival of the PEUGEOT 208 RALLY 4. This will be the successor to the current PEUGEOT 208 R2: a best-seller and a global benchmark when it comes to two-wheel drive rally cars, a category that was recently renamed ‘Rally 4’ by world motorsport’s governing body, the FIA. Based on the new 208 road car and benefitting from the latest advanced technology, PEUGEOT SPORT’s engineers and development teams have stayed loyal to the tenets that made the current 208 R2 so successful, with more than 450 examples sold worldwide: reliability, performance, and user-friendliness. Following an intensive development programme, in which the car was tested and validated on all types of surfaces and in extreme conditions with experienced drivers, PEUGEOT SPORT will make its new rally car – offering an unparalleled driving experience and unprecedented performance in the class – available in the second quarter of 2020.
- PEUGEOT SPORT has employed all its know-how to reinforce its offering when it comes to rally cars in the two wheel drive category with the arrival of the brand-new PEUGEOT 208 RALLY 4.
- This is a totally new car that PEUGEOT SPORT’s engineers and mechanics have been actively working on since the start of summer 2018. Developed using the new PEUGEOT 208 road car as a base, the 208 RALLY 4 has made the most of all the technical and aesthetic evolutions showcased in the road car.
- The new PEUGEOT 208 RALLY 4 aims to be the proud successor to the 208 R2, which is a best-seller in the two wheel drive category and the most popular rally car in the history of PEUGEOT SPORT, with more than 450 examples sold. To achieve this goal, the mission for PEUGEOT SPORT’S engineers was clear: to create a fast and reliable rally car that’s fun to drive. Their renowned experience, together with the numerous test sessions that have taken place with all sorts of different terrain and weather conditions – sometimes extreme – respond perfectly to the initial brief.
- The new PEUGEOT 208 RALLY 4 is equipped with a fresh three-cylinder turbocharged 1.2-litre engine that uses the latest PureTech technology. It’s a particularly powerful base engine in the road car, which has been adapted for competition use by the engineers from PEUGEOT SPORT to put out 208 horsepower, with a bigger turbo, Magneti Marelli engine management system and SADEV gearbox. All this is housed within the new CMP platform used by all B segment cars from the PSA Group, which offers reduced weight and better vehicle dynamics for improved sporting performance.
- The PEUGEOT 208 RALLY 4 will make its first competitive appearance in Spain under the PEUGEOT RALLY ACADEMY flag for the Madrid Rally, on Friday 22 and Saturday 23 November. It will be driven by Efren Llarena and navigated by Sara Fernandez: the 2019 FIA ERC3 champions. It will also be in action in France during the same weekend for the final of the FFSA French asphalt rally championship: the Rallye du Var from 22 to 24 November.
- In line with an FIA homologation process that will be carried out by the end of the first quarter of 2020, PEUGEOT SPORT will open pre-orders for the new PEUGEOT 208 RALLY 4 at the beginning of January 2020, at a price of 66,000€ (plus tax).
- Sticking with its focus on encouraging young talent, the first examples of the PEUGEOT 208 RALLY 4 will be prioritised for drivers taking part in the one-make 208 RALLY CUP in France and Iberico (Spain and Portugal).
Technical datas & HD pictures in download on this page.
Crédit photos : © Peugeot Sport / Flavien Duhamel
- Restez connectés avec PEUGEOT Sport sur les réseaux sociaux :
- Facebook : http://bit.ly/2tsrnrJ
- Instagram : http://bit.ly/2Dfv611
- Twitter : http://bit.ly/2Gbts1g
PEUGEOT SPORT Store :
+33 (0)1 30 11 27 00 / email@example.com
Communication PEUGEOT SPORT :
Etienne Devierre firstname.lastname@example.org +33 (0)6 64 82 27 38