25 Jan 2021
PEUGEOT 208 RALLY 4 STEALS THE PODIUM AT RALLY MONTE-CARLO
The Peugeot 208 Rally 4 exhibits a strong performance in varied conditions at Rally Monte-Carlo and merits a full Peugeot podium. The accomplishments didn’t stop there as the tricolored brand dominated the RC 4 category with six Peugeot’s in the top 10.
- The crews found an impressive weapon in the Peugeot 208 Rally 4, reliable and high performing on all stages. The expert technical support offered by Peugeot Sport and Michelin, was a tool that allowed each crew to find the right set up to attack the unpredictable and changing road conditions.
- Nicolas Latil & Jérôme Degout of CHL Sport Auto secured nine scratch times of RC4 and 3rd of the 2WD category. They created a significant divide between their lead and the group behind,Thibaut Lefebvre & Marine Lacruz and Frédéric Roussel & François Gilbert of Express Auto Sport who held on to a steady rhythm throughout the stages, allowing Peugeot to secure the triple podium.
- The 208 Rally 4 was not the only Peugeot to put on a show at Rally Monte-Carlo. The 208 R2 driven by Sacha Althause & Lisiane Wbinden put down an impressive performance keeping up with the more youthful Peugeot two wheel drive machine throughout the rally. The Swiss crew claimed 1st of the R2 and 4nd overall of RC4.
François Wales – Peugeot Sport Director:
“We are very happy to see such a strong performance from all the Peugeots present at this 89th edition of Rally Monte-Carlo. The conditions were very difficult, however the Peugeot 208 Rally 4 and crews were up for the challenge! The 100% Peugeot podium shows the outstanding reliability and versatility that the vehicle has in all types of environments.”
Nicolas Latil – CHL Sport Auto #72:
“ It is thanks to our whole CHL Sport Auto team that we are able to bring home this victory at the first rally of the season and even more so the very difficult Rally Monte-Carlo. I am very happy, there were no errors, nor mistakes made. The Peugeot 208 Rally 4 worked like clockwork, she was extremely reliable, a real rally car that in difficult conditions needs to be commanded. The Michelin tyres were very performant, we had to make daring tyre choices in order to get ahead in the standings.”
Photos free of editorial rights here :
- Facebook PEUGEOT Sport : https://www.facebook.com/peugeot.sport
- Twitter PEUGEOT Sport : @peugeotsport
- Instagram PEUGEOT Sport : @peugeotsportofficial
- Youtube PEUGEOT Sport : https://www.youtube.com/user/peugeotsportofficial
- Peugeot Sport Managers
Didier CLEMENT : Peugeot Sport Client Competition Director
+33 6 87 71 71 85 – email@example.com
Olivier FUET : Peugeot Sport Circuit Client Competition Director
+33 6 07 98 05 76 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Sonya D’ARTOIS - +33 6 27 81 68 28 – email@example.com
- Technical Assistants
Yann CHALMETON - +33 6 31 83 00 89 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Cyrille MICHEL - +33 6 71 25 33 75 – email@example.com
Cyril DUPUY - +33 6 76 86 71 50 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Damien ARBONNIER - +33 6 74 56 77 86 - email@example.com
- Commercial Vehicle Service (Peugeot Citroën Racing Shop)
+33 1 30 11 27 00 - firstname.lastname@example.org