24 Feb 2015
Mopar® at the 2015 Geneva International Motor Show
• Mopar and Jeep: increasingly close collaboration visible in the spectacular showcar on Renegade, offering a view of the future of Mopar accessories dedicated to the newcomer in the Jeep family. • A new line of accessories for the iconic Jeep Wrangler, the synonym of off-road travel, which is presented at the stand in a personalized configuration with the legendary US Army star on the bonnet. • Mopar has created an exclusive collection of accessories for the Fiat 500X that make the car even more distinctive. Accessories and merchandising developed together with Mopar also for the Alfa Romeo Giulietta.
- Mopar and Jeep: increasingly close collaboration visible in the spectacular showcar on Renegade, offering a view of the future of Mopar accessories dedicated to the newcomer in the Jeep family.
- A new line of accessories for the iconic Jeep Wrangler, the synonym of off-road travel, which is presented at the stand in a personalized configuration with the legendary US Army star on the bonnet.
- Mopar has created an exclusive collection of accessories for the Fiat 500X that make the car even more distinctive. Accessories and merchandising developed together with Mopar also for the Alfa Romeo Giulietta.
- Début for the new line dedicated to the Fiat Panda K-Way, with the materials and logos made famous by the top rainwear brand.
- Already available on 19 EMEA markets, the Mopar Owner Centre has been enhanced with a series of innovative functions.
- New multimedia contents for the Customer Care mobile apps thanks to Augmented Reality.
- Mopar Vehicle Protection is a range of bespoke services that assure maintenance performed by highly skilled technicians using genuine original parts.
Mopar®, the reference brand for services, customer care, genuine spare parts and accessories for the brands of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, will be at the 2015 Geneva International Motor Show with an array of exclusive contents and services.
Mopar and Jeep: a burgeoning partnership
The show will host the presentation of a spectacular Renegade-based showcar that reflects a successful blend of style, off-road vocation and technology. Made by Jeep in collaboration with Mopar and with the backing of the FCA Style Centre, the project explores the potential of a model that offers the opportunity for a wide range of personalised features while also providing an outlook for the future of Mopar accessories for the new Renegade.
The exhibited model is fitted out with original Mopar accessories such as matt black grille and wing-mirror covers, door sill guards, floor mats, and hitch. The hitch attaches the vehicle to a trailer with the same muscled look which doubles up as an internet hotspot thanks to Mopar's all-new Wi-Fi system, another original accessory developed exclusively for the Renegade.
Further information and photos of the showcar will become available on the Mopar-press website in the coming days.
There'll also be space for the iconic Wrangler - an enduring symbol of the off-road world - for which Mopar has created an extensive line of exclusive accessories. Visitors to the Geneva show will be able to admire a Wrangler emblazoned with the US Army star on the hood, black grille and filler door, half doors, skidplate, side star sticker and black door sill guards. The exterior is completed with the innovative LED light bar. An added touch of character for the interiors too, with the original rubber floor mats and exclusive yellow molding to match the Baja Yellow bodywork.
Selection of exclusive accessories for Fiat 500X and 500L
Mopar has created a specific line of accessories for the 500X to make the new Fiat crossover even more distinctive. The car at the stand features exclusive 18" alloy wheels and the Chrome Xtra pack that includes door trims, chrome bonnet line, fog light bezels and chromed mirror covers. Attention is also visible in functional aspects such as the Cargo Organizer, designed to maximise rational use of the luggage compartment.
The stand also features a 500L Trekking, the evolved member of the 500 family with two perfectly integrated personalities that come to the fore depending on the conditions: the city friendly car that takes all the stress out of urban driving and its more adventurous counterpart that emerges to bring fun and excitement to weekend trips out of town. The car at the stand is equipped with several Mopar accessories that underscore its dual personality, like the handy tray to protect the luggage compartment, the coat hanger on the headrest, the fragrance dispenser and the customised kickplates. The car's overall good looks also benefit from the brushed chrome trim on the bonnet and the Fiat logo dust caps.
Mopar accessories for the Alfa Romeo Giulietta
The Alfa Romeo area presents a close-up view of the muscular and handsome Giulietta "Quadrifoglio Verde", representing the line specifically designed for the car with a series of Mopar accessories that underscore its athletic personality, with the rear spoiler and mirror caps in carbon fibre completed with a front spoiler, miniskirts and rear extractor.
A touch of style with the merchandising collection dedicated to the new Ypsilon "30th Anniversary"
For the début of the special series that celebrates the Ypsilon's thirtieth anniversary, Mopar has created a dedicated merchandising collection designed to meet the needs of owners keen to emphasise the values linked to the history of the marque and its evolution. Style, Substance, Attitude and Difference: these are the distinctive features of the Ypsilon "30th Anniversary" that inspired the design project and resulted in the line of products presented. All the accessories are exclusive items designed especially to reflect the original and dynamic lifestyle of the female target group of Ypsilon owners.
Echoing the ultramarine blue reserved for this version, the collection features the use of refined materials such as the flock velvet pen or the aluminium lipstick holder. And the truly fashion-conscious will delight in the ultramarine chamois leather notebook and the classical ballerinas to keep in the car at all times for the ultimate urban chic style.
Spotlight also on the new 500X collection
The merchandising range dedicated to the 500X blends harmoniously with the spirit of the iconic 500 and is inspired by the "X" symbol that identifies the Fiat crossover. The collection offers garments including tee-shirts and fleeces, a shopper handbag and an overnight bag, all personalised with exclusive graphics, plus several style accessories such as a smartphone cover with notebook and pencil with stylus tip for use on touchscreens. All the products will be available from the online Fiat store from May.
New dedicated line for the Panda K-Way
The Geneva motor show will host the début of the new special Panda K-Way® series born out of the collaboration between Fiat and the top rainwear brand. Casual and fashion, two brands of world-renown for their classic, modern and high-tech products that combine functionality with colour and intelligence.
Mopar has created a collection of accessories for the new car sporting the symbols and materials of the K-Way brand reinterpreted for Panda owners: from fold-away waterproof jackets to a handy shopping bag for a trip to the supermarket, a practical change tray and a shopper basket handbag for the modern woman about town. The products will be on sale online at the Fiat store and at selected dealers from the month of March.
The new Jeep e-store is online
The new Jeep e-store selling the brand's exclusive merchandising collection will be introduced to the public during the Geneva Motor Show. The e-store will open simultaneously in 15 EMEA markets: Bahrain, Belgium, Kuwait, Lebanon, Netherlands, Poland, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE, UK, Italy, France, Germany, Spain and Switzerland. The mobile app is coming soon.
Mopar Owner Centre on 19 EMEA markets
Recognised with an Italian Interactive Key Award, the Mopar Owner Centre is the platform that provides consumers with a vast range of contents for the care and maintenance of their Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Lancia, Abarth and Jeep vehicles.
Launched at the end of 2013, the Mopar Owner Centre is now available on the various brand sites in 18 countries - Spain, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, the UK, Germany, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Sweden, Austria, Switzerland, Ireland, Greece, Morocco, Denmark, South Africa and Russia - and will be extended in 2015 to include Serbia, Turkey, Hungary, the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
The publicly available contents - more than 8000 pages - provide a comprehensive overview of the world of after-sales: from services to accessories, genuine original parts to customer care, e-store merchandising (online for the Fiat, Alfa Romeo, and Abarth brands), and technical area documentation. Finally, the "MyBrand" sections, which are accessible from the respective portals, offer exclusive contents and dedicated promotions, plus a comprehensive and highly personalised assistance service.
Mopar Customer Care and the new mobile apps
Mopar will also be present at the Geneva Motor Show with the "Ciao Fiat Mobile", "Lancia Everywhere Mobile", "Alfa Romeo InfoMobile", "I am Jeep Mobile" and "Abarth24h Mobile" mobile apps, all designed and created to provide information and assistance on the go. Available free from the Apple Store and Google Play in 5 languages and across 15 European countries, the apps had been downloaded 383,000 times up to December 2014.
In addition to extending services including "Frequently Asked Questions" and "Warranty and Maintenance" to more markets, in Geneva the mobile apps will offer new multimedia contents (based on the Augmented Reality technology already employed for the product catalogues and advertising campaigns) for the Jeep Renegade user and maintenance manual. The new multimedia manual joins those already available for the Lancia Ypsilon, Alfa Romeo 4C, Alfa Romeo MiTo and Alfa Romeo Giulietta. Selecting the "AR+" symbol in the manual and then aiming a smartphone camera at various parts of the vehicle opens up a new user experience that gives rapid and straightforward access to a range of information and details.
The Fiat 500X manual using the same technology will be released in the coming months.
Customer Care comes to Twitter
@Fiat Care, @Alfa RomeoCare, @Lancia Care and @Jeep Care are the Twitter service pages offering customer support with a team of dedicated operatives between 8 am and 8 pm CET from Monday to Friday. Currently available for Italian, French and German customers, the service will soon be extended to include customers in the UK.
Mopar Vehicle Protection: personalised services constantly on the rise
"Mopar Vehicle Protection" offers the service contracts guaranteed by Fiat Chrysler Automobiles that bring customers the utmost peace of mind thanks to their extensive coverage of mechanical components and dedicated servicing plans plus an assistance and repair service operated by highly skilled technicians using exclusively genuine original parts.
Currently present in more than 36 EMEA region countries and with a portfolio containing more than 50 products, "Mopar Vehicle Protection" has developed a series of competitively priced maintenance plans to keep the car in tip-top condition at all times:
- "Maximum Care": mechanical and electrical parts cover that extends the vehicle warranty;
- "Powertrain Care": extends the vehicle warranty to cover the mechanical parts of the engine, gearbox and transmission;
- "Easy Care & Easy Care Plus": covers scheduled service costs at competitive rates. With the "Plus" option customers can also include the replacement of a series of wear parts;
- "Top Care & Top Care Plus": the 'maximum peace of mind' plan that provides complete cover, including mechanical parts, electrical parts and scheduled services. With the "Plus" option customers can also include the replacement of a series of wear parts;
- "Essential Care & Essential Care Plus": includes the extension of roadside assistance beyond the first two years of vehicle life, with loyalty coupons offering special terms on all the main wear parts and on a broad range of accessories. With the "Plus" option the customer can also get two check-ups with 14 checks on the vehicle's main mechanical and electrical parts.
"Mopar Vehicle Protection" plans include a comprehensive series of options in terms of duration and mileage, with customers always able to rely on ready access to an extensive service network manned by highly skilled technicians using exclusively genuine original parts. Customers also benefit from all the peace of mind provided by roadside assistance services throughout Europe and all the value of a plan that can be transferred to the new owner if the vehicle is sold on.