24 Feb 2015
Lancia at the 2015 Geneva International Motor Show
• One of the show’s brightest stars will be the new special Ypsilon “30th Anniversary” series, with which Lancia celebrates one of the longest-running and most extraordinary stories in the motor industry. • After four generations of models and over 2.7 million units sold in Europe, the legendary Fashion City Car continues to fascinate with its sophisticated style and unconventional class.
- One of the show's brightest stars will be the new special Ypsilon "30th Anniversary" series, with which Lancia celebrates one of the longest-running and most extraordinary stories in the motor industry.
- After four generations of models and over 2.7 million units sold in Europe, the legendary Fashion City Car continues to fascinate with its sophisticated style and unconventional class.
- Another model to shine on the Swiss catwalk will be the Ypsilon ELLE, a top of the range performer that explores the borders of Fashion in its quest for innovative metropolitan shapes and trends.
- "30th Anniversary" and "ELLE" are two special series that will act to boost the car which Italian women love more than any other.
- The stand will also feature a multimedia exhibition highlighting the peaks of the Ypsilon fairytale.
Lancia has chosen Geneva as its stage for presenting "30th Anniversary" Ypsilon, the new special series launched by the brand to celebrate one of the longest-running success stories in the motor industry. Backed by the heritage of its four generations of invention and the over 2.7 million cars sold throughout Europe, Ypsilon yet again shows its talent for intercepting customers' desires by enlivening its offer with numerous special series which brilliantly ride the tides of trend.
Another addition to the range of the only "fashion city car" of its kind whose allure never fades, thanks to its sophisticated style and unconventional class. But beneath this elegant "Made in Italy" appearance lies all the strength and substance of a car which provides superb engine performance, especially in terms of emissions and fuel consumption, as demonstrated by technological jewels like TwinAir, Multijet II, Ecochic (LPG and Methane Turbo) and Start&Stop. A car which also excels in comfort and ease of use, thanks to irresistible advantages like its Magic Parking system, its automatic climate control and the Blue&Me system with steering-wheel controls.
Four creative product generations and more than 2.7 million happy European buyers demonstrate Ypsilon's skill in evolving constantly over its 30 years on the road to becoming an icon of Lancia style. The secret of such longevity lies above all in the deep bond it has established with feminine taste. After all, women - more than men - see their car as an expression of their own personality, like a dress chosen for its beauty, its fashionable stylishness and its ability to make them feel secure in any situation. Lancia's iconic status as a symbol of extraordinary elegance and success springs from this appeal, and the result is that Italian women have chosen it more than any other car in its market segment... none of which compromises its attractiveness for men, who represent 30% of its buyers.
In Geneva, the public will be able to admire two examples from the new special "30th Anniversary" series: the first attired in the exclusive and highly original Ultramarine Blue paintwork, matched with interiors in Castiglio Fabric Beige, and the second in a two-tone colouring scheme in GLAM Powder Pink and VULCANO BLACK - the latter on the tailgate, exactly as it was in 1985 on the very first Y10 - matched with an elegant interior in Castiglio Fabric Black.
One model is fitted with an 85 HP 0.9 TwinAir petrol engine, the other with a dual fuel 80 HP 0.9 Turbo TwinAir Methane engine. Both the models on display come with a generous range of features including automatic climate control systems, electric side mirrors, ESC, Radio CD MP3, Blue&Me system with steering wheel commands, fog lights, leather-trimmed steering wheel and gearlever boot, electronic rear window commands, and 15"diamond-effect gloss black alloy wheels.
Also gleaming in the spotlight will be the top-of-the-range Ypsilon "ELLE" series, an exclusive line launched a few months ago through the renewed partnership with the magazine Elle, itself a major reference point for women eager for information on previews and new trends in fashion, style and wellbeing. A sumptuously refined Ypsilon "ELLE" will feature on in the stand in Geneva, in dazzling triple-layered GLACÉ White, with gleaming 16" diamond-cut effect alloy wheels, Elle "Houndstooth" patterning on the pillars plus burnished chrome detailing on door handles, fog light frames, radiator grille and "Ypsilon" and "Elle" logos.