25 Mar 2020
FCA dealers always at the customer’s side: “Parked at home, but always on the move!”
Potential customers can now contact official FCA dealers, without leaving their house, by using Google Hangouts Meet. FCA Bank is using advanced digital tools to provide quotes for financing and insurance services.
- Potential customers can now contact official FCA dealers, without leaving their house, by using Google Hangouts Meet.
- FCA Bank is using advanced digital tools to provide quotes for financing and insurance services.
- All car and commercial vehicle purchases financed through FCA Bank will have first payment installment deferred until January 2021: a tangible advantage at a difficult moment, providing customers peace-of-mind with their vehicle purchase.
- Italy is the first market where FCA is using this “remote” contact technology which, given its ease of use, will be extended to other markets.
- Through these initiatives, FCA is working to consolidate the long-standing relationship of trust and professionalism with its customers and support those planning to make a car purchase, through special conditions at this difficult time for everyone.
At an extraordinarily difficult moment, FCA is implementing concrete new initiatives via its dealer network to support all citizens who, during this national health crisis, are considering the purchase of a new vehicle and want to get in touch with an FCA sales consultant.
We have launched a dedicated service to enable dealers and customers to communicate without anyone having to leave home: an innovative quotation process that allows sales negotiations to be carried out online, rather than in the showroom. Sales personnel have had special training and are ready to help customers configure a new vehicle, prepare a quote and present financing options. Customers can request an appointment by phone or email and they will receive a link to connect directly with a sales consultant. No software installation is required. Italy is the pilot market for this FCA project which, given the easy-to-use technology, will be extended to other countries.
The technology is the Google Hangouts Meet app, an intuitive tool for online communications, with the ability to view files and images and make video calls. This means customers considering a purchase can have the same direct personal contact with their trusted FCA dealer. Transactions will subsequently need to be completed in person as soon as circumstances allow and in accordance with government directives.
The initiative will be promoted via a digital campaign using the slogan “Parked at home, but always on the move!” to highlight the importance of rigorously observing the requirement to stay at home, while remaining proactive and looking optimistically to the future. The simple, easy-to-use system also provides concrete support for the Italian industrial system with the orders generated contributing to a faster return to normal once the crisis is over.
Finally, as further support at this extremely difficult time, the first payment installment on all car and commercial vehicle purchases financed through FCA Bank will be deferred until January 2021.
Now more than ever before, knowing how to wait is the best way to get going again.
Turin, March 25, 2020