14 Oct 2016
The Jeep® brand celebrates its 75th birthday with the first pop-up dealer
• First automaker to create a pop-up dealership, reachable only with a 4x4 vehicle • The dealer to be on the cliff edge of Robin Hood’s Bay in the North York Moors National Park (UK) Jeep® Grand Cherokee towed the dealership up to the bay in a unique trip available at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrFi-c44DZ4&feature=youtu.be • Full 75th Anniversary range on display
- First automaker to create a pop-up dealership, reachable only with a 4x4 vehicle
- The dealer to be on the cliff edge of Robin Hood's Bay in the North York Moors National Park (UK)
- Jeep® Grand Cherokee towed the dealership up to the bay in a unique trip available at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrFi-c44DZ4&feature=youtu.be
- Full 75th Anniversary range on display
The Jeep® brand continues to display its unrivalled off-road heritage, by opening in the UK the world's first pop-up showroom, accessible only by a 4x4 vehicle. The unique initiative, conceived to honour the legendary SUV brand's 75th anniversary, is opened for three days at Robin Hood's Bay in North Yorkshire and was put up on the edge of the famous cliffs, looking out over the North Sea. The three and a half tonne mobile showroom was towed to the location across the rugged North York Moors terrain by the capable Jeep Grand Cherokee, while the 75th anniversary series was on display. The all-Black dealership measures 9-metres in length and was installed in half a day.
Whilst passing trade wasn't expected at the remote location, walkers and ramblers are welcomed into the dealer to discover more about the Jeep brand's famed 4x4 credentials. Indeed, the legendary 75-years-old American SUV brand has a long and illustrious off-road reputation and the unique initiative of creating the world's first pop-up dealership reachable only in a 4x4 vehicle is a further demonstration that Jeep can really claim the 'Go anywhere and Do anything' spirit.
Available at the Jeep showrooms accross the EMEA region, the 75th Anniversary range includes limited edition versions of the Grand Cherokee, Cherokee, Renegade and Wrangler. Each 75th celebratory model stands out for its new and exclusive livery, the "75th Anniversary" exterior badge, low Gloss bronze wheels, bronze and orange exterior accents and exclusive interiors with seats featuring an embossed "75th Anniversary" logo. The package is made even more appealing thanks to the generous standard equipment and outstanding Jeep technical contents, in terms of mechanics, off-road capabilities and technological amenities.
Over the last 75 years, Jeep vehicles have pioneered new segments, models and technologies, defining the authentic 4x4 driving experience and setting the benchmark for off-road capability and freedom, since the first vehicle rolled off the production line in 1941. This year, the Jeep brand has been celebrating its 75th anniversary milestone with events carried through the EMEA region. Unique events were organized in all markets, where owners and enthusiasts were brought together to enjoy the lifestyle and breathe the unique adventurous spirit and the rich heritage of the legendary American SUV brand.
Turin, 14 October 2016