22 Jan 2021
Debut of the Jeep® Wrangler 4xe “First Edition”
Pre-booking for the Jeep® Wrangler 4xe “First Edition”, the plug-in hybrid version of the iconic Wrangler, kicks off today in selected European markets via the dedicated website.
- Pre-booking for the Jeep® Wrangler 4xe “First Edition”, the plug-in hybrid version of the iconic Wrangler, kicks off today in selected European markets via the dedicated website.
- Italy, France, Germany and Switzerland are live with other markets involved in the initiative to follow soon.
- Visit the dedicated website to be one of the first to discover the “First Edition” launch model: the exclusive package featuring 380 hp of power, new features for electric driving, technology and safety, plus a unique set of dedicated accessories.
- The Jeep Wrangler 4xe “First Edition” can only be ordered by the first customers confirming their interest on the dedicated website. The package will feature a full set of charging solutions – including the easyWallbox for home charging plus the cable for public charging; and a full set for the vehicle’s care –including the new 4xe car cover, a Cargo organizer, the vehicle warranty extended for three years (to reach a total of five years) and the first two routine services included as part of Jeep Wave, the new loyalty and customer care program.
- The Wrangler 4xe Plug-in Hybrid is expected to arrive in European dealerships before this summer.
Four months after its world premiere, staged last September in Detroit, the new Jeep® Wrangler 4xe is available for pre-booking in selected European markets before going on sale later this year. Customers in Italy, Spain, Germany, France, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Belgium and Austria, can be among the first to discover the new Jeep Wrangler 4xe “First Edition” with just a few clicks on the dedicated website, and express their interest in being contacted when the vehicle will be available at dealerships.
This new initiative serves as confirmation of the journey embarked upon early last year, with the pre-booking initiative for the Renegade and Compass 4xe – a resounding success, generating a lot of interest across Europe. The arrival of the Jeep Wrangler 4xe also marks a significant moment in the brand's evolution and another step in the strategy towards the electrification of its entire range, announced in 2020. This journey will include the introduction of at least one electric or electrified version of each model in the coming years.
Following the Renegade and Compass 4xe, the application of plug-in hybrid electric technology to the Jeep Wrangler will transform the Jeep icon into a vehicle that is suited for everyday use in the city, courtesy of the zero-emissions drive granted by a full-electric mode. It will also be more capable on the roughest terrain thanks to the instant availability of torque and the improved performance resulting from the combination of two forms of propulsion – turbo petrol and electric.
Today, the dedicated website launched in Italy, France, Germany and Switzerland and will be soon available in the other markets involved in the initiative.
Discover the Jeep Wrangler 4xe “First Edition” on the dedicated website only
This exclusive, launch model of the new Wrangler 4xe can only be ordered by customers who declare their interest through the dedicated local website (open until mid-March) once the vehicle is available at Jeep dealerships.
The all-inclusive “First Edition” configuration will be packed with comprehensive technological and driving assistance features, the easyWallbox for more efficient home charging, and a Mode 3 cable for public charging. A specific launch package is also standard on the Wrangler 4xe “First Edition” and features a practical Cargo Organiser for the storage space, the new 4xe car cover, 3 years of extended vehicle warranty (providing a total of 5 years) as well as the advantages of Jeep Wave, with first two routine services as per the user and maintenance manual included.
Jeep Wave is the new loyalty and customer care program offered on the new Jeep Wrangler 4xe First Edition and all models in the 2021 Jeep range. This program provides exclusive services and benefits, including the first two routine services at Jeep dealerships, 24/7 roadside assistance, a new dedicated customer service accessed through a multi-lingual Jeep call center for priority support and privileged entry to brand events and partnerships.
The most technologically advanced and capable Jeep Wrangler ever
The Wrangler 4xe is the most technologically advanced and capable Wrangler ever. It offers a maximum combined output of 380 horsepower, courtesy of the pairing of two electric motor generators, a high-voltage battery pack, a high-tech turbocharged 2.0-litre petrol engine and the proven TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission. This is the most advanced powertrain ever fitted to the Wrangler and optimises efficiency of consumption and CO2 emissions, offering the option to drive in full electric, with a range of up to 50 km*. The electric powertrain is also perfectly integrated into the 4x4 system, taking the off-road performance of the Wrangler 4xe to the next level.
Packed with comprehensive equipment as standard and dedicated styling cues.
The Wrangler 4xe “First Edition” will be available with a choice of three exteriors: Black, Granite Crystal and Bright White – the colors most beloved by European customers. The new model will also come with new driving modes: Hybrid, Full Electric, E-save, as well as specific functions for electrified driving and charge management. The First Edition’s standard features and specific styling cues include Granite Chrystal accents, 18-inch wheels, full-LED high-visibility headlights, hard cover for the spare tyre, 8.4-inch UconnectTM NAV system with touchscreen, smartphone integration and on-board connectivity (as managing the recharge from the smartphone), plus a 7-inch TFT for information on battery charge levels and range (electric and hybrid). Standard safety features include Adaptive Cruise Control, Forward Collision Warning Plus, Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross-Path Detection, rear camera and new front camera, front and rear parking sensors, Keyless Enter 'N Go™ and electric rearview mirrors.
The exclusive "First Edition" is the most comprehensive trim in the Wrangler 4xe range, which is due to arrive in European Jeep showrooms before this summer.
* Maximum range values, which may vary depending on the specific drive mode selected, recommended charging frequency, weather conditions and accessory use. All of the above may significantly affect range in full-electric mode. Further details are available in the Vehicle User and Maintenance Manual.
Turin, 22 January 2021