18 Nov 2016
Fullback is the "Pick-up of the Year 2017”
• Voted by a large majority of readers of the French periodical “4x4 Magazine”, who appreciated its great versatility for both work and leisure. • The new pick up from Fiat Professional boasts great payload, over a ton capacity and over three tons towable mass.
- Voted by a large majority of readers of the French periodical "4x4 Magazine", who appreciated its great versatility for both work and leisure.
- The new pick up from Fiat Professional boasts great payload, over a ton capacity and over three tons towable mass.
- Winning features include full wheel drive and 4WD electronic selector, which enables agile driving even in the roughest terrains and off roads.
- The range includes three configurations (chassis, extended cab and crew cab) and trim levels to suit all needs and tastes.
- Fullback is the official vehicle of the "FIM Motocross World Championship MXGP", sponsored by Fiat Professional, and its exceptional testimonial is multi-awarded world champion Tony Cairoli.
- With its Italian style and assertive look, the new pick-up embodies the spirit of Fiat Professional's challenge to the global market. The same values are expressed by the icon of Italian sports Tony Cairoli, who approaches the exciting motocross championship with great courage and tenacity.
The new Fiat Professional Fullback was voted "Pick-up of the Year 2017" in the first competition ran by French magazine "4x4 Magazine" (Editions Larivière). The prestigious accolade was awarded with 19% of total readers' votes on the magazine website (www.4x4mag.com).
Its configurations, sizes and engines are in line with the best in class, as Fiat Professional's pick-up was created to meet the real needs of professional customers. The vehicle also displays outstanding flexibility once work is done, making it suitable for all kinds of uses, following Fiat Professional's philosophy. This product is the symbol of the new Fiat Professional range, enabling the brand to play in a wholly new territory as well as making a key step towards global growth. Interestingly, pick-up trucks are one of the most important segments in the EMEA region, amounting to 22% of the entire commercial vehicle mix. While the average mark in Europe is about 6% and on the rise, in Africa and the Middle East it reaches a remarkable 70%.
Among the winning features of the Fullback model are its great payload, over a ton capacity and over three tons towable mass. Furthermore, by implementing all-wheel drive and a 4WD electronic selector, it can easily tackle the roughest terrain in the toughest conditions, like when travelling off-road carrying a heavy load.
In particular, by using the one-of-a-kind 4WD electronic selector, the driver can easily control the engagement of the Torsen central differential which by using three electronically-controlled clutches ensures always optimal torque transfer to the front and rear wheels and improves traction on mud and snow. The low gear range makes is easy to tackle the toughest conditions with the vehicle at full load.
The Fullback pick up features a sporty look, thanks to the forward cabin and reduced front overhang, and a clear "touch" of Italian style, in line with the brand's own style, while its interior is as functional as any professional vehicle, but with the comfort and elegance of a top of the range SUV. As regards the architecture of the suspension, the front of the Fullback envisages a sophisticated double arm layout with anti roll bar whereas, at the rear, a solid axle is fitted with plywood leaf springs for maximum reliability and sturdiness.
Fullback is equipped with a 2.4-litre common rail turbo diesel engine with two power levels - 150 HP (113 kW) and 380 Nm or 180 HP (133 kW) and 430 Nm - which can be combined to two transmissions: a six-speed manual or a five-speed automatic.
Finally, the unstoppable Fullback is the official vehicle of the "FIM Motocross World Championship MXGP" of which Fiat Professional is the Official Sponsor and was Title Sponsor in the Belgian, Italian and British races of the 2016 Championship. The World Championship is the home of Tony Cairoli, eight-time world champion, who is sponsored by Fiat Professional until 2018, and will always have the brand's new pick-up at his side.
This is a prestigious partnership that is based on shared values like passion, determination and dynamism. After all, with its Italian style and assertive look, the pick-up perfectly embodies the spirit of Fiat Professional's challenge to the global market. These are the same values expressed by the icon of Italian sports Tony Cairoli, who always approaches the motocross championship with great courage and tenacity.
Turin, 18 November 2016