27 Feb 2014
The ‘Quadrifoglio Verde’ is back on Giulietta and MiTo
• The legendary 'Quadrifoglio Verde' that has identified the top performing cars by Alfa Romeo since 1923 is back on the new versions • Giulietta celebrates its 60th anniversary with a new 'Quadrifoglio Verde'
- The legendary 'Quadrifoglio Verde' that has identified the top performing cars by Alfa Romeo since 1923 is back on the new versions
- Giulietta celebrates its 60th anniversary with a new 'Quadrifoglio Verde'
- True expression of Alfa Romeo's DNA, this car marks the debut of the new 240 HP 1750 Turbo Petrol engine with all-aluminium direct injection
- State-of-the-art 'Alfa TCT' 6-speed twin dry clutch transmission
- It's the same engine/transmission as the Alfa Romeo 4C supercar
- Giulietta's flagship model can exceed 240 km/h and accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h in just 6.6 seconds
- New intake system highlighting Alfa Romeo's typical full, enveloping engine sound
- New steering wheel, new instruments with dedicated graphics and QV logo and new leather and Alcantara seats, wraparound and sporty, with built-in headrest
- New matt Magnesio Grey body colour exclusively created for the 'Launch Edition' special series produced in a limited edition of only 500 vehicles. Also available in Alfa Red and in Competizione Red (triple coat)
- The MiTo 'Quadrifoglio Verde' features a TCT 170 HP 1.4 MultiAir turbopetrol engine with 230 Nm torque at 2500 rpm
- The sporty compact reaches top speed of 219km/h and accelerates from 0 to 100km/h in only 7.3 seconds
- 124 g/km CO2 emissions and 5.4 l/100 km fuel consumption in the combined cycle
- The aggressive look of the new MiTo 'Quadrifoglio Verde' is conveyed through the rear spoiler and new burnished finish for mirror fairings, front grille, door handles, headlight frames and 17" alloy wheels with red brake calipers
- The new version also exclusively features the new matt Magnesio Grey body colour
- Black leather upholstery with contrasting stitching for steering wheel, parking brake and gearbox, new instruments with QV logo, Competizione dashboard with 'carbon look' finish and new special mats
- The new 'Quadrifoglio Verde' versions will be available on the market starting in May
The new Giulietta and MiTo 'Quadrifoglio Verde' editions will make their world debut at the next Geneva Motor Show. These two recently renewed models will continue to leave a mark in their respective market segments with a perfect alchemy of essential style, compact and powerful engines, the right power to weight ratio and "pure Alfa Romeo" technological features devoted to driving pleasure.
The two new highly-performing models are in sync with the fascinating 4C. Alfa Romeo 4C is the brand's modern icon and represents the essential sportiness embedded in the 'Alfa Romeo DNA': performance and technical excellence for maximum driving pleasure combined with a breathtaking style.
At the same time, the two new vehicles are a tribute to the legendary history of the 'Quadrifoglio Verde': since 1923 this symbol has been associated with the top performing cars manufactured by Alfa Romeo. The Quadrifoglio Verde has appeared not only on many cars that have graced the world's race circuits, but also on numerous special production models too.
The first Alfa Romeo car to bear the Quadrifoglio Verde was the 'RL' driven by Ugo Sivocci that won the 14th edition of the Targa Florio in 1923. Since then, all racing Alfas have carried the emblem for good luck, ensuring its worldwide recognition. Starting in the 1960s, the symbol also began to appear on road-going Alfa Romeos.
The 'Quadrifoglio Verde' versions of MiTo and Giulietta have assumed a place in the tradition of the best Alfa Romeos, drawing on the heritage of dynamic performance, without compromising on efficiency, respect for the environment and convenience in everyday use. Alfa Romeo cars have always been dedicated to those who expect a response that goes beyond the concept of 'useful means of transport' to cross over into that of the truest 'excitement'.
The new 'Quadrifoglio Verde' versions will be available on the market starting in May 2014.